Our store is stocked with over 95% community donations. To keep our store fresh and make more money for the libraries,
we have the following guidelines:
- Donations of 4-5 boxes/bags at a time are accepted during open hours.
- Please do NOT leave donations outside the doors when we are closed. They will be damaged by the weather, and be unacceptable for sale.
- Donations of more than 5 boxes are accepted only on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- It’s a good idea to call ahead--we may be out of room for your donation. Our number is 415.209.0212. If we cannot take the whole donation at once, maybe bringing a few at a time would work.
We DO NOT accept:
- Encyclopedia sets unless old (pre-1940) or recent publications (2007-newer)
- Mass market monthly magazines (like Woman’s Day, Time, etc.) or National Geographic
- Time-Life book sets
- Incomplete sets of any type
- Garage sale/rummage sale remainders--quite often, too “picked over” and nothing of interest left, leaving us to deal with disposal
- Readers’ Digest Condensed books
- Books with mold/mildew, cigarette smell, very worn covers, underlining/notations on the pages
- Children’s books with worn/chewed edges, marked up pages
- Vinyl records/music on cassette, instructional material CD/cassettes from business seminars/business retreats
- audiobooks with missing cassettes/CDs
- Children’s classroom textbooks/teacher guides, etc. These should go to the Global Book Exchange in San Rafael.
We have a limited number of volunteers sorting through these donations, so it’s important to have them working on books we know we can sell.
Hours: Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sat 10-4; Sun 12-4; Friday 10-7